Taenia saginata AKA Cysticercus bovis

Hello everyone! 

Today I am sharing a parasite I have been trying to share for a while. For some reason I fell into a pit of demotivation and had this drawing dragged through weeks. But let me explain, for each of this life cycles, I do read the latest articles and books, to this parasite I did found at least one author that laydown very frustrating statement regarding Cysticercus bovis that forced me to read way more material to make sure I was not on the wrong. All this leads to a spiral of frustration and demotivation. You can put that on top of 2 very complicated weeks and you have recipe for the social media silence I have dropped in. The only thing that keeps me going is the positive feedback I get from friends and colleagues that enjoy this side project. So thank you so much for that but please keep them coming! Share if you can! 






Yes! this parasite is still found in cattle in “Developed countries” and that means someone did their business on the fields … yes… although… fields can get contaminated with sewage water during floods! That is why proper drainage is so important people!!!! Deworming yourself at least once a year is a good practice but don’t forget to make sure the dewormed is enough for your weight! 



If you like this project you can follow me on facebook.  Not a fan of social media? You can choose to be notified by e-mail on the side bar.


Do you feel this pages are very usful to you as an educating tool? Please drop me and e-mail and let me know how!

Comments

Popular Posts